Merry & Bright.
Dear Bromwell Families,
It is hard to believe that our winter break is here! I just want to take a moment to thank ALL of you for being an important part of Bromwell and wish you a happy new year.
The start to the 2018-19 school year has been amazing, and full of students and families exhibiting our core values of compassion, bravery, and being All In! I feel lucky to be part of this school community each and every day. Before we return from break I wanted to share some of the great things that have happened at Bromwell in 2018:
- Assessment results from 2017-18 show that Bromwell students are continuing a long tradition of academic excellence, and also showed that we are significantly closing the achievement and growth gaps that have existed with our students of color. We also moved solidly in to the Green SPF category…and are on our way to a Blue/Distinguished rating! Your kiddos are crushing it!
- Through generous PTA contributions and donations from parents, we have added two 3D printers, 5 touch screen TVs, 7 Ozobot robots, two soccer goals (debuting after break!), and 12 iPads!
- Cheers to our Bromwell Annual Fund, which raised $107,000!
- We have added a Bromwell app for sharing communication and updates – as well as our lunch menu!
- The Winter Concert, showcasing the vocal talents of our ECE through 2nd grade students, delighted a full auditorium!
- We added a full-time school psychologist, John Gallagher, who has been a great addition in working with students and teachers to create a compassionate and positive school culture.
- Second Step Social Emotional Learning has been launched as a curriculum to all grades. The purpose of this is to provide students with good conflict resolution and develop strong social-emotional skills.
- Bromwell classrooms have added over $4,000 in independent reading books, many of which feature diverse main characters, including race, culture, religion, and gender.
- Students have shown great compassion this semester – gathering coats for a coat drive, caroling at Brookdale Senior Center, making winter care packages for the homeless, and putting together holiday baskets for Bromwell families.
Everyone here at Bromwell brings their best every single day, and works hard to put together a fun and rigorous experience for your child. The students come each day with bright faces and are eager to learn (which makes our job even better!)
I want to thank all of you for your commitment to your child’s education, and to our school community. Again, please accept our heartfelt wishes for a fun-filled and memorable winter break.
See you all on Monday, January 7, 2019!
Thank you for being ALL IN!
Andrew Hodges, PrincipalIt was a December to remember! Here are a few of our favorite things: preparing holiday baskets for Bromwell families, making care packages for the homeless (third grade), meeting a few new baby bear cubs, and filling our parents, friends and families full of holiday joy during the school’s second winter concert. Rock on Bromwell! And don’t worry, we’ve got lots of fun in store for the new year. Save these dates:
- Cherry Cricket Dine Out Wednesday, January 16
- Parent Party end of January (details coming soon!)
- Principal Coffee & Science Fair January 25