It takes each of us giving our time, talent, and treasure to make Bromwell shine. During the month of October, we come together to support our school through the Annual Fund. This direct giving campaign is designed to help Bridge the Gap between the funds provided by DPS and what it costs to enhance our children’s learning environment.
Bromwell’s Fundraising Goal for the 2018-2019 school year is to raise a total of$1,000 per child through the Annual Fund and Spring Auction. Without these fundraisers, our children would not have:
- Paraprofessionals & Specials – Our largest expense is funding our invaluable Paras and Specials classes. Not only do Paras lower the student-teacher ratio, but they also allow more time to focus on critical subjects and small group learning. Bromwell values the development of the whole child and is dedicated to expanding its diversified curriculum through Specials classes like art, music and PE.
- Teacher & Staff Grants – The PTA awards teachers and staff grants to spend in their classrooms to provide an enriched and engaging learning environment. Funds are used for academic software, iPads, books, STEM sets, computer carts, sensory tables, seating, trikes, literacy/math stations and more.
- School Improvement Projects – The new blacktop installed last spring and school wide technology are examples of the ways we continuously work to improve our indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Community Events – Celebrating community is a core value at Bromwell, and your donations help fund important school-wide events including the Popsicle Social, Movie Night, Multi-Cultural programs, Holiday Parties, Staff & Volunteer Appreciation, Parent Coffees, Student Clubs and more.
How Can You Give?Every donation is 100% tax deductible and can be made by one or more of the following:
- One Time Giving – Donate online through PayPal or put a check or cash in the blue envelope. Return to school in your child’s folder, mail to Bromwell, or drop off in the Annual Fund Box at the front of school. If you are on the fence between writing a check or donating online, keep in mind that PayPal does take approximately 3% of your donation for fees.
- Monthly Giving – This is an easier way to spread your giving throughout the year instead of all at once. Through PayPal, you set the monthly amount and number of months you would like to donate. * If you are currently set up for monthly payments from last year’s Annual Fund in February, you can simply log into PayPal and and extend your payment end date. Any subsequent payments will be applied to your 2018-2019 Annual Fund donation.
- Friends and Family – A donation made by a grandparent, relative or family friend counts towards your family’s participation.
- Matching Gift – Check with your employer to see if they have a charitable gift matching program. It’s an easy way to double your giving!